Below is a list of the most commonly asked questions. Please do not hesitate to reach out with additional questions by contacting Canyons Online, 801-826-5461.
- Go to https://canyonsonline.canyonsdistrict.org/
- Hover over your student’s respective grade in the dark blue column
- Click “Registration”
- Click dark blue button: “Access the Application Portal”
- Click dark blue button: “Start Application”
Synchronous learning is distance learning that happens in real time, during live sessions. It can also be recorded live sessions.
Asynchronous learning is distance learning that happens apart from the class when students complete tasks at their own pace.
Yes, your student will receive online instruction from a licensed teacher.
- Grades K-8: Students are expected to remain with Canyons Online for the full term. Extenuating circumstances will be addressed on a case by case basis.
- Grades 9-12: Canyons Online for High School uses a session calendar. Courses must be finished by the end of a session. Some courses have minimum completion times due to projects and logs that have required time frames. For more specific information about Canyons Online 9th – 12th, please navigate to the 9-12th grade tab or call Canyons Online, 9-12th, at 801-826-5220.
- Any Utah student is eligible to enroll in Canyons Online.
Live Zoom sessions, or synchronous learning sessions, are a place for your child to connect with other children, receive specific instruction, and participate in small group activities. The requirement for engagement may include required Zoom sessions, depending on the grade level. The engagement requirements can be found here. It is important that your student take full advantage that all synchronous learning affords.
At this time, Canyons Online Learning is not being offered in the DLI, SALTA, or International Baccalaureate programs.
Yes, accommodations may be provided in the Canyons Online Learning program; however, those supports will look differently than brick and mortar classes. Meetings with the specialized teams at the boundary school and Canyons Online will meet to determine appropriate services.
Teachers use the Learning Management System, Canvas. It is through Canvas that parents can communicate with their teachers. We also utilize the app ParentSquare. In addition, you can call the school at 801-826-5461.
You can reach out to the Canyons School District help desk at 801-826-5544. They are here to troubleshoot and support any technology needs you may have.
At this time there are no online electives provided; however, if there is room at the boundary school, students may elect to take their electives in person. All core classes (English, Math, Social Studies, and Science) must be taken online.
Canyons Online students, K-8, are provided a district-issued Chromebook. In addition, text books (when applicable), learning materials kits, novels, etc., will also be available for online students.